A leading construction materials company was using disposable masks to protect their staff from silica dust in their hard rock quarries and cement processing plants. With disposable masks, their operators complained about breathability, fogging, stale air and grit in their mouths/nose at the end of the shift.
- CleanSpace Respirators in Respiratory Protection
- SICUR, FEBRUARY 25-28 2020 – Ifema Feria de Madrid, Spain
- Australian man diagnosed with silicosis says he was only given a paper mask as protection – as reported by Nine news and SMH
- CleanSpace Nuisance Odor Filter launch
- FABTECH, November 11-14 – McCormick Place, Chicago, IL, USA
- A+A Trade Fair, November 5-8, 2019 – Düsseldorf, Germany
- Australia tightens silica exposure regulations but some say it’s not enough to protect stonemasons
- VPPPA Safety+ Expo – August 27-30, 2019 – Ernest N. Morial Convention Centre, New Orleans, USA.
- Mining companies set to payout $400M to miners affected by landmark TB and silicosis ruling
- SAFEWORK Australia issues a reminder of the dangers of Silicosis